August 31, 2004
As Jeremy said – yum 2.1.0 should be coming soon to a rawhide near you. Jeremy was kind enough to fix/recreate the Makefiles so that makes things a lot easier going forward. Yay, Jeremy!
So let’s make a laundry list of things that have changed/been added:
- /etc/yum.repos.d exists
- /etc/yum.conf can use include=url://some/other/conf now
- uses the new xml repository metadata
- dep resolution should be hugely faster now
- Much better separation of functionality from interface, better for gui design
- Stacking actions w/i a transaction should be completely trivial (ie: erasing and installing in the same transaction)
- Much easier access to useful information
- Newer and nicer urlgrabber
All sorts of other stuff I can’t think of. I need to sit down and make a full list, as well as update the changelog.