January 25, 2005
I’ve released yum 2.1.13. This fixes a lot of bugs and speeds a number of operations up. In addition, if there is nothing horribly, horribly, obviously, stupidly broken, then this will become 2.2.0 at some point in the future and we’ll start working on new and worrisome stuff in -HEAD.🙂
rpm: (built on fc3)
For this release special thanks to the following folks for patches, opinions, etc:
- Gijs Hollestelle
- Paul Howarth
- Jeremy Katz
- Paul Nasrat
- Terje Rosten
- Menno Smits
- Ryan Tomayko
– added kernel-devel to ‘installonlypkgs’ by default – redefine it in your yum.conf if you’d prefer it not be there🙂
– Included a number of patches from Gijs and Terje to clean up and improve the output from yum pre and post transaction. It looks a lot better.
– Added in Gijs patch that displays total amount of data to be downloaded
– enabled regets for rpm downloading
– cleaned up and enabled all the proxy handling on a per-repository basis
– Added in Menno’s GPG automatic key import routines – see ‘gpgkey’ in the yum.conf manpage for more information.
– made sure mirrorlists are not downloaded for disabled repositories
– added repository to transaction confirmation listing.
– packages Providing: ‘kernel’ or ‘kernel-modules’ will always be installed, not updated
– fix for bug #386
– fix for bug #382
– implemented all the transactioninfo stuff – should make obsoletes print out better now and in general make whole portions of code suck less.
– allow group commands to use group ids not just group names – so now you can do: yum grouplist base-x instead of: yum grouplist “X Window System”. You can, of course, mix them up, too.
– use hdr index to grab headers from the rpmdb – much much much faster.
– python /path/to/site-packages/yum/config.py /some/yum.conf will now do a readable output of your config settings and all repos
– lots of man page fixes from Menno.
There are a number of other misc changes – but these are the big/interesting things. See the changelog for all the details.