June 20, 2007
I’ve been oriented into my new gig at red hat. My mental check list of things I needed to get:
– id badge – check
– new laptop – check
– new account – check
– access to the vpn – check
– access to wireless – check
– command keys for the orbital laser – check
– instructions for directing the black helicopters – check
– documentation on using the weather machine – no check
I somehow missed that office, damn it.
In all seriousness orientation was pain-free and angst-free for about 95% of the time. There was a slight hang up with my password for my new account but amusingly a good deal of the work I’m doing is fedora-centered so the account isn’t very important since all the repositories and what not are accessible w/o any need to access redhat.com or the vpn. Pretty cool, actually.