things I’ve learned today
June 13, 2012
1. @ IN CNAME someserver.org
is REALLY not allowed and won’t work anytime soon – despite it being reasonable that it should.
2. [[ $a == something* ]] – is a nice shorthand in bash for ‘startswith’ for string comparison
3. [[ requires you use && and || instead of -a and -o
4. A way to use the git pre-receive hook to bludgeon certain kinds of checks everytime (zone files anyone?)
5. how much about dnssec seems to be somewhat ‘magical’ and not in a good way.